October 27, 2008

Ssshhhh....

I love peace and quiet. I thrive on time to myself. I am an introvert at heart and only function properly as a person when I have had my "me time." I don't know what it is that attracts me to it, but it does. My dad is the same way. I also think it has to do with the fact that I am around people all day every day. I think there are days when I get socially overwhelmed. Seriously, there is nothing more that I want after a busy day than to sit in my apartment or my room with no t.v. on and no music and just sit. To most extroverts, that sounds just depressing. But let me tell you... it is a gift from God. It is refreshing.

I am in the midst of enjoying silence currently as I type. I hear the planes getting closer to the airport. I feel my body relaxing by the second. I hear the pound of my heart in my chest because of the lack of noise around me... and I like it. It is invigorating. It is freeing. It is time for bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the blog!!!