"Let it be, let it be.
There will be an answer, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be."
I was sitting at my desk today at work and the song, "Let It Be" from the Beatles came on. It was like a revelation! That's exactly how I feel today!
"And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be."
One thing that I am learning in my life is that I am powerless. I am also learning that reflecting on pain is real. It hurts. It is annoying. It frustrates me to no end. It brings days that seem cloudy and I find it hard to find clarity. Today is one of those days. I dug deep today searching for clarity to my day, but it was hiding. It was behind a cloud and it didn't shine through. But, I hold onto God's promises that there still IS a light that shines on me.
I feel grumpy today. Let it be. I feel frustrated and annoyed with God today. Let it be. I feel pain today. Let it be.
I felt God's presence today. I found it in being still and realizing that what I am feeling is good. It sucks, but sometimes actually acknowledging how I am feeling is good. It is building character in me. It is encouraging me to be a woman of integrity. It is requiring me to be obedient to God in every action, every word, and every thought. It is truth and although truth hurts, sucks, and sometimes seems unclear; it is good. I had a dear friend tell me these words today as words of encouragement. They left me feeling hopeful.
"Worship God - even when you don't feel like it. If you have to turn on some worship music and weep, then do it... but weep to Him, don't just sit there. If you're really annoyed and frustrated, tell Him. But more than all this, get on your face before Him and worship Him... because the truth is that He is good and He loves you and He is worthy."
And in taking those words to heart, they are exactly what I intend to do.
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." -Psalm 46:10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment