I never really thought that I would be someone that would know people that had cancer. I don't really know why I had doubts that I would be the exception, but somehow I did. It didn't last for long. Not long at all.
Last year, one of my best friends from Tennessee was diagnosed with AML (leukemia). She was 24 at the time and had just recently gotten married. She went through months of intense chemotherapy at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville. I admired her deeply prior to her being diagnosed with cancer, but my admiration for her deepened to a point that I never imagined during this time. She fought and she fought well. Most importantly, she saw Jesus reaching his hand out and grabbed onto it for the ride. She walked beside Him daily. She cried to Him. She laughed to Him. She trusted Jesus with her life. And He provided. She is now in remission and has a 6 month old healthy, beautiful baby boy.
I see kids every single day who have been dealt this card and it sucks. It absolutely breaks my heart to pieces. I wish I could take their pain away. I wish I didn't have to see them missing out in their childhood only to be in the hospital receiving vigorous treatments. I wish that their game of "Chutes and Ladders" in our playroom didn't have to get interrupted because of a blood transfusion or radiation appointments. I wish that their families didn't have to have a child who has cancer. I wish they would all be healed. Cancer is stupid. It sucks. I want to punch it in the face.
And just recently, I learned of news that would hit me like a ton of bricks. Not only did I have one close friend who was diagnosed with cancer...I now have two. My sister-in-law's younger 20 year old sister just recently got diagnosed with cancer. She is a beautiful, kind, gentle, loving woman who follows Jesus with every single ounce of her heart. And somehow... cancer snuck in. And now in the midst of her college experience.... everything is put on hold while she begins her road of treatments. I pray for her daily and I can only hope that God will heal her and rid her of this. God is good. I truly believe this. And God will heal her, just as He did my friend Amy.
Please join me in praying for her. Her name is Kendall. And her story is here...http://makingcancerhistory.blogspot.com/
Lord, you are the Divine Healer. Please heal Kendall and allow her to get on with her life. Grant her peace and love during this time in her life. Please be with her family and allow them to feel your hand on their lives. I love you Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment