A couple of months ago I decided that I was going to start learning how to run. I always wanted to enjoy the sport of running, but it was always so difficult for me. I could run for 5-10 minutes and then my sides would cramp and create painful side stitches. I would just give up. So, the first week of October I decided to start training. I decided later that I was going to do a 5K, but I wasn't particularly training for that. I was training so that I could run more than 10 minutes at the age of 24. Sad, I know. I started this "run/walk" program. It has been actually very beneficial.
Today was a major accomplishment for me. I hit a milestone in the world of running for Julie Tilson. I actually ran 4 miles. I don't think I have ever reached that in my life. I am extremely proud of myself. But even more than that, I am proud that I have run a minimum of three days a week for 9 weeks now. I challenged myself to make running a part of most days and I have held myself to it. So for most, 4 miles seems like a breeze. For me, 4 miles puts a smile on my face because I did something that I worked hard for and did it well.
I still have 11 more weeks until my training program is complete. It is a total of 20 weeks and I am almost half way there! So, I press on....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mad props to Julie T. for running!
Post a Comment