"But by Your grace I want to love You
not with what I say
but everyday
In a way that my life is lived."
I desire to live my life in a way that I have nothing left to give to Jesus because I have given it all to Him. I want to wake up every single morning with the greatest commandment on my mind...To love Jesus and to love people. I want to be a woman who lives in the present because I don't want to miss out on the blessings that God has given me TODAY. I don't want to look back tomorrow and wish that my yesterday could have been different. I desire to go to work with the intention of ministering to those whose lives are changed by the minute and challenged by the hour. I want people to see Jesus in me because I am fulfilling that greatest commandment. Of course, I realize that realistically there are going to be those days when I just don't feel like loving those who have hurt me or were rude to me. Then I am so quickly reminded that Jesus had to have had bad days. Jesus had to have gotten frustrated. Jesus had to have had his heart broken. But Jesus made a decision...every single day. He made a choice when He woke up to carry out God's mission for all of mankind. He chose to love God even on days when he probably didn't feel like it. He chose to love people even when they betrayed Him. He chose to be sold out to the Heavenly Father because He knew that nothing on this earth is promising, but that God is ever sustaining.
I want to be like Jesus. Every day I want to be more like Him. And I want to love Him not with what I say, but every single day in how I live my life. I desire to give Him nothing less than all I have to give.
November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment