September 24, 2008

The Laughter of a Child

I was working with a family today and in order to let the mom support her son (the patient) during the procedure, I had to play with his 4 year old sister. We watched Peter Pan and played hide and seek. When we were playing hide and seek, this little girl was amazed. She was laughing and laughing and laughing. I absolutely LOVED her laugh. It was one of those really cute kid laughs that totally gets your attention. She laughed about everything. If I gave her a funny look...she laughed. When I asked her which movie she wanted to watch...she laughed. She was a genuinely happy little girl who had the most contagious smile and laughter. Her laugh in turn made me laugh until I was crying. It was hilarious. Thank you God for the joy of laughter. It makes me happy.

No comments: