Today was an absolutely beautiful day. I woke up and walked outside on my way to work and realized it was fall. It felt like fall which is rare in Orlando. It was in the 70's and the wind was blowing! It was a great start to my day.
After work I could not handle being inside. I threw my bag down, grabbed my running clothes, and went for a jog. It was great. I almost forgot how much I like wind and cool weather. After my jog, I jumped on my bike and rode to this field down the street from my apartment. It is my new favorite spot. I put a blanket down and started to read. I am reading a book called "The Discipline of Grace" by Jerry Bridges. It is a fabulous book. It was so much fun to just enjoy the weather and be by myself. I can be a pretty outgoing person at times, but deep down I really consider myself an introvert. I treasure and require time to myself. I love people, but I also love silence. I feel recharged when I get my "me" time. And today, I got just that.
The end of my day could not have been any better either. I got a Publix sub which I crave often. After my stop at Publix, I went over to my friend Lauren's house and watched The Office premiere with her and her husband. And let me tell you how excited I was that Pam and Jim FINALLY got engaged. And, to make the proposal even better... it was at a rest stop. How amazing was that? Hilarious.
Overall, combined with beautiful weather, "me" time, and The Office... my day was great. And, tomorrow is Friday!!!
September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
rudy misses you. He said to come back!
Post a Comment