September 20, 2008

A Day at a Time

So, this morning I woke up and realized something... today was going to be a great day. Why you might ask? Because I had all the time in the world and I had the ability to spend today just as I wanted it to be. A day combined with Jesus time, college football (particularly the TN vs. FL game), cleaning my apartment, exercising, manicures and pedicures with a dear friend, and a night out with the girls. Days like these provide me with clarity. They allow me to take a deep breath and know that today is just as God intended it to be.


Today is the Tennessee vs. Florida game. I am a Tennessee volunteer at heart. My childhood was spent admiring and cheering on the orange and white while singing Rocky Top. When I first moved to Orlando, I knew it was going to be a challenge to be in Gator nation. I have many great friends who love the Gators and there's nothing wrong with that, but I can assure all that I will stand firm in my upbringing and I will not waiver and "cross over to the other side." GO VOLS!

Here are some pictures from my time in New York City last weekend. My brother lives in Manhattan and my family flew up to go to one of the last ever Yankee games in Yankee Stadium. It was a great, memorable experience.


No comments: