March 15, 2008

Today

So, yes...I have been quite a slacker in the blog world. I started this blog with the intention of being able to help my friends keep up with what is truly going on in my life rather than the typical "It's going well. Everything is pretty much the same." Unfortunately, that statement holds pretty true today. I have nothing to complain about. However, I do have some news that might make some of you smile. As most of you know (well those closest to me) I have had an extremely difficult time adjusting to life outside of college in a town where I knew no one. Orlando, might I add, is not exactly the easiest city to come by yourself to conquer. It is a very liberal city and is so drastically different than anything I had ever experienced. It has taken me about a year and a half to truly enjoy it. I can now say with all the confidence in the world that I feel like this is my home for the time being. I have experienced extreme brokenness in the process of moving here and becoming adjusted, but I also feel that God changed me through it. He made me a better person. He has made me a stronger person. Isn't it crazy how God uses life's most difficult times to make you stronger? I can appreciate those times now that they are easier. I absolutely trust God and His will for my life, but I often wonder why we are never able to truly stop worrying and planning. I try, honestly I do. I look back at those hard times when I first moved to Orlando and now I wish I would have truly trusted Him the whole time. He delivered. He promised me happiness and delivered. For some odd reason, I questioned that. Thank goodness for grace, right? Thank you God for holding true to your promises. I pray that through the hard times and through the happy times that we can appreciate every second without being worrisome. I hope today God has showed you His blessings.

1 comment:

Preston, Lauren, and Leighton said...

So glad you blog!! Love you and miss you!