I can only start this blog out by sharing the most amazing, inspiring story I have heard in a long time. I was emailed this link at work and was encouraged to take the time to watch the video. I was so impacted by this couple's life that it really brought me to a place of praise . After you watch this video you may wonder why I was brought to a place of praise. No, I do not have children. No, I have never lost a child. Thankfully I have not experienced anything even remotely tragic in my life. But somehow in the midst of a very busy day, this story touched me. It put life into perspective. It allowed me to see a couple who was faced with the most daunting task, but rose above to celebrate the love and grace of a Heavenly Father. It reminded me to thank Jesus for every moment I breathe, every step I take, and every experience I am given.
http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/570/99-Balloons
For those of you who know me well, you know how passionate I am about my job. I love my job and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have been given a unique opportunity to share my life and my heart with those who are experiencing life's most difficult times. I go to work every single day, okay just five days a week, with plans of helping those who are hurting and putting smiles on those who are sick. I spend hours holding babies whose parents are unable to be with them. I spend hours playing with the sweetest, most adorable kids in the entire world. I spend hours talking and listening to those parents who have been given the "news" that their child may not make it to tomorrow. I spend hours pouring my heart out to those who are sick and hurting. And then I go home.
I go home with lots of stuff jumbled in my brain. My emotions are completely out of whack some days. But then I am reminded of God's most beautiful plan. His plan is full of hope, grace, and most importantly love. He IS the creator and He understands everything. He knows why today was a good day and why tomorrow will be even better. He knows that some days we might get knocked down to our knees long enough to be reminded exactly what the word trust really means. And this is where the praise part comes into play. I watched this video and praised God for the hard times because it is in the hard times that we see Him in a different light. We are more open to His help. Our arms are open because we have no other choice.
I was reminded through this video how beautiful life really is. Life can be so extremely difficult, but overall, isn't it just beautiful?
February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment