I was reading a magazine from my church and there was one paragraph that completely caught my eye. It read:
"I am constantly reminded that as much as I wish otherwise...I can never flip a switch and have everything be made different. Life is not changed by good intentions or right decisions alone- it is changed by a long-suffering, inexorable, wise, relentless commitment to God. That commitment is not a silver bullet to right a fallen world in an instant, it is a promise to let that one relationship alter all others- and change me in time, over time, and sometimes with time." - Isaac Hunter, pastor
Wow... these are some strong words. I was touched and transformed by that paragraph. So often in my life I tend to think I can change everything. There are days that I enjoy planning my life, where I will live, who I will marry, where I will travel when I grow older, etc. I am oh so often reminded how none of this is what God wants. God does not want me to flip a switch and have everything be just as I would like. Instead, my commitment with Him IS a promise and IS a relationship I treasure more than any other in my life. I do have one choice. I have the choice to allow him to change me in time, over time, and sometimes with time.
Lord, allow me to give the decision making up and let you take control. Grant me the strength and patience to be changed in, over, and sometimes with time. Amen.
March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment