March 29, 2008

Across the Universe

My bible study girls and I watched a movie last night called "Across the Universe." It was a really good movie, kinda trippy, but good. For all of those who like interesting, original movies I would highly suggest watching it. Life lately has been going well. I was able to go home to Tennessee to visit my family for Easter. I am such a kid at heart. I love going home to see my mom and dad at the house I grew up in and visiting my hometown friends. Throughout my childhood, my parents made a huge effort to celebrate every single holiday or birthday imaginable. I was definitely treated like a kid with my mom doing my laundry, making my food, and basically letting me enjoy my time off. It was awesome. I watched some good movies and hung out around the house with my parents. I never used to realize how precious that time was until I moved away from home. There are some days that I wish I could go back and actually appreciate all of the things I took for granted before I moved out on my own. When I was home I also got an Easter basket. Yes, I am an adult who still gets an Easter basket. And you better believe that when I have kids that are my age, I will do the same thing for them. It is a part of my past that I never want to end...the holidays, the present giving and receiving, etc.

Orlando has been very hot and sunny lately. It has been around 85 for the high and 65 for the night lows. If anyone is planning on coming down this way for a Spring Break, come on down because it is BEAUTIFUL weather March- May. It becomes semi-unbearable end of May- end of August. I always thought that I would be totally fine since I lived in Texas for 4 years and experienced some of the most incredible temperatures (104 on move in day my freshman year). Florida weather is quite different. It doesn't get as high on the temperature list, but it definitely is just as miserable...if not more. Texas has a dry heat where all you feel is heat. Florida has a humid, sick out nasty heat. This kind of heat is the kind when you walk outside after you have showered and gotten ready for the day, you begin to feel as if you just stepped out of the shower again. It is not enjoyable unless you are either A. at the beach or B. in the pool. Luckily, we have several of these around so they are never too far out of reach. Well, speaking of this beautiful weather...I believe I am going to go outside and enjoy the rest of my day.

No comments: