April 10, 2008

Wedding Bells

Congratulations Bryan and Kari Ann on your engagement!!! I mean seriously, I could go on and on about how excited I am about this news. Here are some reasons why I am on cloud 9.



1. My brother is engaged.
2. My good friend Kari Ann is engaged.
3. My brother and good friend are getting married....to each other.
4. I am the luckiest girl in the entire world to have my brother marrying one of my good friends. Thanks bro! (I mean I know he totally did that on behalf of me and all...but.... Ha.)

No, in all seriousness, I am so happy. I know that my brother is the happiest guy in the world right now and I couldn't be more excited for him. I am equally as happy for Kari Ann who will now be my sister in law. I mean that's amazing. I feel like we need a little history here...

Kari Ann and I both went to Baylor in 2002. We lived in the same dorm, same floor, and the exact same room except on opposite ends of the hallways. We both rushed and pledged the Chi Omega sorority. We were friends all along because of being in the same pledge class in Chi Omega, but we really got to know each other the summer after my sophomore year. We studied in London with the Baylor in Great Britain program. I really got to spend a lot of time with her and her family because her dad was teaching on the trip. We were also roommates in London! Isn't it crazy how God's plan and purpose are so clear, but we never are truly able to see everything until He feels it is time? I mean who would have thought in college that my sorority sister and my roommate studying abroad would marry my brother and become my sister in law. I know that during those times it never crossed my mind.

Thankfully, God ordained this relationship and upcoming marriage long before I was created. He knew that Kari Ann would compliment my brother in ways that no one else could and vice versa. I am speechless at how perfect everything turned out to be. Praise you Jesus!

Lord, thank you for blessing my brother with an amazing woman. Thank you for blessing me with the most incredible brother any girl could ever ask for. Thank you for making family the most important thing in my life besides you. Please bless their relationship and upcoming marriage in ways that only you can. I love you Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Poopers! This means a lot! :)