March 30, 2011

What I have learned from grieving....

I have been given time to heal over the past couple of weeks because I believe God's mercies are new every day. I believe that every morning I wake up and the lover of my soul says to me, "I am with you today. Let's do this!" I believe He holds my hand as I get into my car or onto my bike and He carries me to my next destination. I believe He gives me the strength to do those things that I could not do on my own. I believe He shields my eyes and comforts my heart when too much lies before me. And what does He say? He says this to me, "I am giving you just what you need for this moment. Right now. Right this second. And next? I will give you what you need for that one too."

I am learning that my God is a God that is trustworthy. I am a believer that my God pushes me to my limits, but does not expect me to enter into a world that I am not yet fully equipped to handle. I blogged a couple of entries ago about my efforts to find joy where there is none. He is so good to me. I have been given God's mercy and grace over the past couple of weeks. I have been given the chance to let my raw heart begin to mend. He is filling me up in numerous ways and I can't help but thank Him. I finally feel like I can breathe again. I can finally feel the air deep in my lungs open and close allowing my lungs to reach its full capacity of air. And that my friends is a beautiful thing. It's amazing how when you are in the midst of grieving and learning to carry on in the midst of pain that your lungs seem to only work at 25%. I have come to learn that God is here with us and he is FOR us. He has given me some very painful, unique situations to challenge me emotionally and spiritually. But in the end, I have learned that allowing time to let your heart mend is an important and necessary task. It is something that should not be taken lightly. It is something that I will continue to do until I feel more whole and ready to take on the next thing that comes my way.

1 comment:

Kari Ann said...

Beautifully said. Our God is truly good. Love you Julie!