I was with my mom today and we went to a little shop on Park Avenue. While we were looking around, my mom found this picture frame with a quote written on it around the spot where the picture goes. It said, "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so that I never have to live a day without you." It was a quote from Winnie the Pooh. I absolutely loved the quote, but more than that I loved the story that the woman who owned the store told me. She was talking to us about the picture frame and she went into this story about a young couple who were just recently married. She said that there was a beautiful picture frame similar to the one we saw and one day the man was in there with his wife. He noticed this beautiful picture frame with a nice quote on it and it caught his eye. He came back a couple of days later and brought a picture of him and his wife from their recent wedding. He asked the owner of the store if he could place the picture in the frame because he knew that his wife would be coming later that day to look into buying it. She said yes so he placed the picture in the frame. That afternoon, the wife walked into the store and walked right up to the frame that she had noticed a couple of days before. When she looked at the frame she noticed a picture of her and her husband. She was extremely touched and purchased the frame with their picture already placed in it. Wow. I know that this story sounds a little cheesy, but it was a true example of love between a couple. It was so simple, yet spoke volumes. It was an unexpected story of romance.
I was given this poem/short story from my high school mentor at church, Kelly. She really wanted me to understand how important a relationship is with God as the center. I absolutely love it and still keep it close by at all times. The paper is a little beaten up from reading it over the years, but the words still remain true.
Be Satisfied
Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone-
To have a deep soul relationship with another-
Be loved thoroughly, and exclusively.
But God, to a Christian, says:
I want you to be satisfied, fulfilled, and content
With being loved by Me alone-
With giving yourself totally and unreservedly to Me-
With having an intensely personal and unique relationship
With Me alone.
Discovering that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found,
Will you be capable of the best human relationship
That I have planned for you.
I want you to be united with another after you are united with Me-
Exclusive of anyone or anything else,
Exclusive of any other desires or longings.
I want you to stop planning, stop wishing,
And allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan existing-
One that you cannot imagine.
I want you to have the best-
Please allow Me to bring it to you.
You just keep watching Me, trusting Me-
Keep experiencing the satisfaction that I am.
Keep listening and learning the things I tell you.
You just wait.
That's all.
Don't be anxious.
Don't worry.
Don't look around at the things
Others have gotten or that I've given them.
Don't look at the things you think you want.
You just keep looking off and up to Me,
Or you'll miss what I want to show you.
And then, when you're ready, I'll surprise you with a love
Far more wonderful than any you would dream of.
You see, until you are ready and until the one I have for you is ready,
(I am working even at this moment to have both of you ready at the same time),
Until you are both satisfied exclusively with Me and the life I prepared for you,
You won't be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with me.
And this is the perfect love.
And dear one, I want you to have the most wonderful love.
I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with Me,
And to enjoy materially and concretely the everlasting union of beauty, perfection, and love
That I offer you with Myself.
Know that I love you utterly.
I am God.
Believe and be satisfied.
I absolutely loved this when she gave it to me in high school because it provided me with a unique understanding of what God's love is and what he intends for us to have. We just have to trust and believe.
Lord, I want to be satisfied in you. Thank you for being the ultimate definition of love and romance.
May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment