I was going to work today just like I do every day, but something different was awaiting me. When I pulled up and parked in the parking garage I heard several sirens. It is not unusual to hear sirens walking into the hospital, but there was something different about these sirens. Once an ambulance arrives on our property, they usually turn the sirens off. The sirens continued to scream as I walked into work. Then I saw one fire truck, then a second, third, and finally a fourth. I kept walking into the hospital, but I saw a couple of people standing in front looking up at the top of the building. I paused for a second and asked a woman what was going on. She continued to tell me that a window washer had fallen from the 7th floor to the 2nd floor. I heard later during the day that the guy had been stabilized by the medical staff at our hospital, but had to be rushed to the trauma center. He had four broken extremities, blood in his lungs, and ended up having to be intubated (a tube placed in his throat to help him breathe.) I was on the 7th floor today in the PICU and I saw the pool of blood outside where the guy had fallen.
Isn't it crazy how life can drastically change in the matter of an instant? I am so glad that I have the assurance that if there is ever a day that drastically changes my life for the worst that my God will be there with me. He is my sustainer. He is my protector. When the going gets tough, He is there to pick me up.
Lord, please be with this man who fell today. I don't know his name, but you do. Heal him, strengthen him, give his family peace and sustain them. Allow him to see through this horrible situation that you are the God of the universe and you love him very much.
May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree, god is devine and can protect and judge us. I will pray for this soul.
whoa
Post a Comment