December 23, 2010

JCrew, you've broken my heart.

What in the world happened to the "old" JCrew with styles of southern charm, simplicity, and affordable purchases throughout the store? My heart is broken. My favorite store in the entire world is now too expensive for me to afford. It is outrageous and I just don't understand it. Were they not doing well enough or did they feel that in order to keep up with the times they had to raise their prices so unbelievably high. Agrh. For example, one pair of pants from JCrew now costs anywhere from $89 to $1,200. Are you kidding me?? And... what's up with this new style?





I mean, if I want to go hunting with my husband and want to look cute- I guess this will do.

And this? A $540 orange vest? Seriously? It's cute, but not worth the money. I'll take the money and buy me a new couch.



And this?? How much do you think this is? Oh get ready.... $1,145. I'm cringing as I am writing that wondering how anyone in their right mind could spend that much on a single jacket. Wow.


What happened to preppy belts, amazing khakis, colorful, yet cozy wardrobes? Oh JCrew.... I am about to turn my back on you. And am I sad about this? Yes, truthfully I am. Please come back to me. Please bring my snappy, preppy, simple, southern style back to me. I've missed you and I will continue to.

No comments: